Click to view a detailed history of our church, based on the 1970 publication by Ada C. Alexander.
In March 1845 Bishop Selwyn laid the foundation stone of Holy Trinity. The cost of this first chapel was £50 and it was opened for worship by Rev Bolland on May 5, 1845.
This building was replaced by a more permanent structure in 1872. Further additions were carried out in 1888, the architect being Mr Sanderson. The church was again renovated in 1903 with plans being drawn by Frank Messenger.
In 1927 further renovations and enlargements were carried out at a cost of £1,145. In the mid 1960s more work was carried out, for which the architect was Mr R. Syme.